Create a simple and cost-effective website
Looking to create and manage your own website with a user-friendly and cost-effective platform? This training is just for you!
Training offered in French only
Prior Registration Required (deadline: November 10)
Do you want a modern website and the ability to manage its content on your own? Thanks to simple and accessible online web editors, you no longer need to be a digital expert to create, publish and update your website.
Theory meets practice in this training program: you will learn by exploring the tools of the online web editor Wix. This training is geared towards beginners in Web development and people who are thinking about switching to a user-friendly platform that’s easier to manage.
- To understand the value of a website in a marketing strategy.
- Create the structure, the design and the pages of your site on a Web platform.
- To structure, integrate and manage its contents and applications (Google Maps, photo galleries, etc.)
- To use SEOs, referencing and optimization tools.
- To apply good promotional practices for written content, photos, and videos.
By the end of the training, you will be able to:
- Create, modify, and manage a website on an online website creation platform.
- Organize the content of a website in a structured, effective, and ergonomic manner.
- Recognize the various layout constraints on mobile devices (responsive design).
- Adapt your Web content to targeted audiences.
- Showcase your activities on your website.
- Integrate multimedia content correctly ( while respecting copyrights, for example)
- Use SEOs, referencing and optimization tools.
A meeting with one of the instructors will be offered to apply the concepts learned with the group to your own specific challenges.
Who should attend this training?
Artists, cultural workers, and managers in dance, self-employed or employed.
Be comfortable with basic computer tools and standard software.
- Part I: Wednesday, November 17, 2021, from 1:00 to 3:00 pm
- Part II: Wednesday, January 12, 2022, from 1:00 to 3:00 pm
- Individual Support: between January 14 and February 28, 2022.
Important: You must be available for the two (2) group training sessions and plan, in between, to work on creating your website.
- Mickaël Spinnhirny (in French) pursued a career as a dancer before shifting his attention to communications and development/support practices for artists and cultural organizations. He started his own agency in 2017 in order to support creators and raise the profile of modern dance. He is well aware of the challenges faced by creators and offers training solutions as well as development, management, and communications services to help deal with them.
Paula Youwakim is a multidisciplinary designer and a graduate of Concordia University. She specializes in branding and draws on every facet of the visual arts in her work. Her practical design approach has allowed her to develop a knowledge of printmaking, illustration, and object conceptualization. Paula joined Agence Spinnhirny (in French) in 2020 to make her expertise available to other artists.
- Fill out our registration form by November 10.
- Shortly after submitting your form, you will receive two emails: one from Services Québec asking you to complete your participant form, and the other from the RQD inviting you to make your payment via Interac e-transfer.
- Once you have completed your participant form and made your payment, you will receive the Zoom link to participate in the training.
This training program is offered by the Regroupement québécois de la danse thanks to financial support from the government of Quebec and from Compétence Culture, the sectoral workforce committee responsible for culture.