The art of “win-win” negotiation
1:30PM to 4:30PM
$85 - (real rate $1 080)
Develop the soft skills and know-how you need to negotiate fair contracts
Training in French only
Prior Registration Required (deadline: February 18)
This training program aims to teach you how to properly understand and negotiate contracts. Develop the abilities, strategies, and communication skills you need to effectively advocate for your rights, establish a fair power balance, and maintain good business relations.
- To learn about the different types of negotiation and negotiator profiles.
- To understand the principles of effective negotiating and lto know the key success factors in successful bargaining.
- To evaluate the issues specific to each negotiation, prepare strategies, build up your argument, and anticipate tactics depending on the situation, the interlocutor and the desired results.
- To use collaborative and appropriate behavioral and communication techniques to build sustainable and lasting business relationships and maximize earnings.
- To how to avoid pitfalls that may occur and become comfortable with the negotiation process.
Course Outline (subject to change)
1. The Theory of Negotiation: Between Art and Science
2. Distributive Bargaining and Integrative Bargaining
3. Types of Negotiators
4. Effective Behaviours: Affirmation, Empathy, and Flexibility
5. Successful bargaining: a question of strategy
6. Tactics and Practical Tips
Who should attend this training?
Artists, cultural workers, and managers in dance creation/production.
- Part I: Tuesday, February 22, 2022, from 1:30 to 4:30 pm
- Part II: Wednesday, February 23, 2022, from 1:30 to 4:30 pm
- Individual Support: between February 24 and March 10, 2022
Sophie Préfontaine has worked in the arts and culture community for over 20 years. She has been a member of the Barreau du Québec since 2004, and focuses her practice in the fields culture, communications and information technologies in the areas of intellectual property, contracts, labour relations, management and governance, particularly with cultural organizations and businesses.
- Fill out our registration form no later than February 18.
- Fill out your Services Québec Participant form and make your payment.
- Once you have completed your participant form and made your payment, you will receive the Zoom link to participate in the training.
This training program is offered by the Regroupement québécois de la danse thanks to financial support from the government of Quebec and from Compétence Culture, the sectoral workforce committee responsible for culture.