Develop Presenting Strategies: Personalized Support Program
Don’t wait for your talent to be discovered! Take your market development in hand by learning how to approach presenters, promote your work and … get results!
You have created a performance and now find yourself with a new challenge: presenting it. There are several market development strategies to consider suited to your work and your artistic process.
Our personalized support program in dance presenting aims to unlock the mysteries of meeting with key actors who develop programs and seasons.
Having offered the course “Developing Your Presenting Niche” for four years, Suzanne Beaucaire is, for a third consecutive year, offering to adapt her expertise to your situation and the presenting horizons of your work. She will help you develop effective market placement for your work whilst respecting the resources available to you!
According to your needs, this program will allow you to:
- Validate your professional goals and establish a diagnosis of your presenting status.
- Identify and elaborate relevant tools to present your projects.
- Uncover presenting opportunities for your projects by targeting appropriate markets, and develop personalized strategies to access these markets.
- Learn to effectively present your artistic process and projects in professional meetings, and promotional and special events.
- Prepare a realistic and coherent plan accounting for the globality of your professional activity.
- Maximize the impact of your promotional activities.
- Find solutions for your challenges and/or develop a specific approach to address particular problems.
- Have professional status as a choreographer or dance artist.
- Have presented your choreography to an audience in a professional setting.
- Have a project ready for presentation.
- Have submitted at least one grant application (regardless of the application being successful).
- Be ready to invest yourself in tasks that will be assigned through the process.
- Respond to our call for participants by applying no later than September 30, 2022.
- The number of participants is limited. We shall select approximately eight (8) participants. The number of hours allotted to each person is determined according to the time available and the applications received.
- RQD members are given priority.
- Meeting dates will be agreed upon by the instructor and the participants, and must be held virtually between October 10, 2022, and February 24, 2023. Should you apply, please ensure that you are available and motivated. Your availability and investment are crucial to your participation!
No presenting experience?
If you are taking your first steps in market development, we recommend that you register for the professional development session Quebec Presenting Networks and My Positioning.
Suzanne Beaucaire has over 30 years of experience in live arts. Touring agent for the Théâtre Sans Fil for 8 years and Le Carré des Lombes for 12 years, she contributed to their national and international presence and reputation. Suzanne has a distinctive, intuitive approach which she has refined over time, through numerous encounters in a variety of places. Her tools and strategies are finely honed and adaptive to all contexts.
This program is offered by the Regroupement québécois de la danse and is made possible through financial support from the Gouvernement du Québec and Compétence Culture, comité sectoriel de main-d’œuvre en culture.