Come and contribute to the discoverability of dance data on the web with Wikidata!
Driven by its desire to accompany the dance milieu in the digital shift centered around data, the RQD has successfully completed a publication of descriptive data related to its active members in the international knowledge base, Wikidata.
This activity, conducted with the support of CAPACOA as part of the “Linked Digital Future” activity, helped pave the way for the description of the Quebec dance community. With some 570 individuals, this publication is now available to the community. For this reason, the RQD would like to invite you to come and enrich the data on dance during a guided and personalized activity.
This dynamic gathering around dance data is offered in two hands-on sessions. The session on November 16 will focus on enriching the data on artists, while the session on November 17 will focus more on the data on dance organizations and companies. This particularity allows you to deepen your own notions.
The time is organized for a quick start and an immediate application of the fundamentals for publishing information and images in Wikidata. Adding key information or adding a photo(*), all in a relaxed atmosphere. You will be able to contribute to the discoverability and influence of dance on the Web under the guidance of inspiring guides!
- These two dates are open to individual members, corporate members and non-members alike, in a spirit of sharing and openness to the cultural sector. It is therefore possible to register for the date of your choice or to attend both meetings!
- (*) Make sure you have the right to publish this image. The photo must be your own.
No special knowledge of Wikidata is required.
These sessions are produced by CAPACOA and the Regroupement Québécois de la Danse (RQD), with LaCogency as the training partner.
Enriching Data About Artists
Session on November 16 from 1:30 to 3:00 pm
Data Enrichment for Dance Organizations and Companies
Session on November 17, 2022 from 1:30 to 3:00 pm
- An introduction, in plenary, to the functionalities of Wikidata, everyone will be able, under the supervision of the coaches, to get to grips with the input interface of Wikidata (15 minutes).
- Active contribution in sub-groups to their own information or information available from the directory list for non-members. Pre-made lists to facilitate interventions will be available (75 minutes).
- A dashboard as a witness of the activity. In order to sustain the enthusiasm of the group of participants, we will maintain an interactive dashboard that will track the live count of all actions produced during these two enrichment sessions (see an example here).