Optimize the streaming of your online events
9:30AM to 11:30AM
$40 - (real rate: $380)
Acquire the know-how to give your artistic presentation maximum exposure and impact on the Web!
Prior registration required (deadline: February 7)
Training offered in French only
In the ongoing pandemic context, dance artists have shown their capacity to adapt by filming their works for presentation on virtual platforms. Online broadcasting is a solution that allows artists to maintain their connection to their audience in an autonomous way.
But how do we launch an online performance project? Which platforms are available? How to access them, with what, and with whom? Are there low-cost techniques to achieve this on popular platforms? In short, what is the best approach to this kind of project?
In this training workshop, IT consultant Marika Laforest will take you through the nuts and bolts of a choreography project for the Web. You’ll learn how to plan, develop, and promote the online presentation of your work. The workshop will also give you leads on how to hold your audience’s attention and engage them with respect to your offering.
So that she can take your specific interests into account, the instructor will ask you to answer a short questionnaire a few weeks before the training workshop begins.
- To know the best practices for the web diffusion of a performance.
- To conceptualize, plan, and organize your online event, beyond simply filming it.
- To develop digital strategies to publicize your online event.
- To maximize online promotion and distribution from the angle of attracting audiences and getting noticed.
- To interest people and hold their attention on your social media platforms and engage your community.
You’ll have a one-on-one meeting with instructor with a view to applying the notions learned in the group to your specific needs
Who should attend this training?
To artists, producers, and cultural workers in the field of dance.
- Part I : Wednesday, February 9, 2022, from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Part II : Thursday, February 10, 2022, from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Personalized accompaniment: from February 11 to March 10, 2022
For the last 20 years, IT consultant Marika Laforest has been involved in the digital, Internet, and social media world, with positions in industry, retail, construction, technologies, education, tourism, television, and culture. In charge of digital projects at Culture pour tous, she has developed a specific expertise in issues concerning culture and technology. She presently advises cultural organizations in their digital transition.
- Fill out our registration form no later than February 7.
- Fill out your Services Québec Participant form and make your payment.
- Once you have completed your participant form and made your payment, you will receive the Zoom link to participate in the training.
This training program is offered by the Regroupement québécois de la danse thanks to financial support from the Government of Quebec and from Compétence Culture, the Sectoral Workforce Committee responsible for Culture.