Job offer: Director of Finance and Administration
Are you dedicated to promoting culture and highlighting the arts? Are you passionate about the world of entertainment and artistic creation? Would you like to work in culture within one of the most structuring organizations in the province and make a difference in the world of culture? Do you appreciate teamwork, openness and entrepreneurship? This position and our team are for you!
Active on the municipal, provincial and federal scenes, the Regroupement québécois de la danse (RQD) has as its mission to bring together and represent individuals and professional organizations working in the field of dance, in order to promote the advancement and influence of the choreographic art and to contribute to the improvement of the conditions of dance practice.
Proud to be the voice of dance professionals for nearly 40 years, the RQD initiates projects based on consultation and long-range interventions, such as The Master Plan for Professional Dance in Quebec.
Values of the RQD
Openness, solidarity, cooperation and inclusion are the core values promoted within the RQD.
Salary conditions: between $ 60,000 and $ 65,000, depending on experience
Benefits: group insurance, pension fund, show ticket reimbursement, 2 weeks of vacation during the holidays in addition to personal leave, annual summer vacation in addition to those provided for by law, flexibility in working from home and schedule management.
Work schedule: 35 hours a week or other; openness to several different scenarios
Start of contract: As soon as possible
Workplace: In-person in Montreal or remote working – flexible policy.
Brief description of the position:
Acting under the authority of and in collaboration with the general direction, the Finance and Administration Department is responsible for the financial management of the RQD, the administration of the office and the financial development of the organization. In detail:
Financial management and accounting:
- Prepare and monitor budgets and advise the general direction on accounting and financial matters;
- Keep a watchful eye on available grants and making recommendations for new grants to seek;
- Advise the general management on financial strategies for grant applications;
- Oversee the recording of all accounting data and ensure the reliability of the information in accordance with standards and policies;
- Assist employees in the development and monitoring of project budgets;
- Authorize all employee transactions under $1,000 that are within the established budget deemed necessary for RQD operations;
- Sign checks and proof of payment (direct deposit, Access D payment, Visa);
- Administer petty cash and RQD transactional sites such as PayPal and Access D;
- Administer employee payroll;
- Collect and transmit employer charges (DAS) to governments;
- Collect and transmit employee RRSP contributions to Fondaction;
- Ensure the follow-up of the cash flow;
- Ensure relations with the financial institution and prepare all documentation and correspondence related to financial transactions;
- Ensure the smooth running of the grant application and reporting cycle to the various levels of government;
- Ensure relations with the external auditors and prepare the necessary files for the annual audit;
- Prepare and analyze the general financial statements and make the necessary recommendations to the general management;
- Ensure the communication of financial information to the Treasurer;
- Develop and implement financial strategies, administrative and accounting practices and ensure compliance;
- Establish relationships and negotiate with suppliers;
- Prepare service contracts for contractors and any other type of contract required for the smooth running of RQD projects (partnership agreements, authorizations, etc.);
See to the administration of the premises and the maintenance of the computer fleet and other equipment.
Human resources management
- Supervise the reception of all new human resources and ensure that the tasks required of the trainees are carried out;
- Under the general direction, develop job offers;
- Ensure the hiring process of the personnel: responsible for the posting; reception of the resumes; invitation of the candidates in interview and participation in the interviews, when necessary.
- Administer the team’s group insurance;
- Prepare agreements with personnel of all statuses;
- Follow up on employee files (CVs, RRSPs, group insurance, taxation, job descriptions and performance evaluations);
- Apply and follow up on the application of RQD policies and procedures (T4, RL-1, CNESST, overtime follow-up, vacation);
- Provide support to the team and respond to its various requests (certification, file updates, etc.);
- Develop human resources management tools and produce simple and popular documents on procedures and policies.
- Provide all necessary support to the activities of the RQD Executive Committee;
- Participate in the preparation of the annual report and the general assembly;
- Attend Board of Directors meetings upon request, for example: during the presentation and/or adoption of financial items or related to special projects assigned to him/her;
- Maintain the administrative records;
- Manage the office and its operations;
- Manage the agreement for the training class program – CNESST and follow up with interpreters, CNESST agents and CALQ.
- University degree in administration or accounting or equivalent experience
- Experience in a similar role in a not-for-profit organization
- Proficiency in Office suite, Simply Accounting, and preferably FileMaker Pro
- Experience in grant writing
- Autonomy, thoroughness and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Dynamism, thoroughness and concern for work well done
- Spirit of initiative
- Tact and diplomacy
- Knowledge of the cultural sector would be an asset
- Knowledge of the dance sector would be an asset
Diversity, equity and inclusion
The RQD strongly encourages all communities to apply. All applications will be given the utmost consideration.
The RQD offices and bathroom are wheelchair accessible.
Processing of applications
Please send your letter of intent and resume to the attention of Nadine Medawar, Executive Director: email@example.com.
We thank all applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.