Empower Hour with the Canada Council for the Arts for independent artists
Canadian Dance Assembly (CDA) and Regroupement québécois de la danse (RQD) hosts with guests from Canada Council for the Arts to support your access to the flow of funding streams.
In this meeting the Canada Council for the Arts will share updates and programming changes that affect the dance sector. Topics in this 2-hour meeting include:
- Identifying re-opening funding.
- Providing context on the new Canada Council for the Arts operations.
- Sharing the impact of the Canada Council for the Arts’s strategic directions in terms of equity, diversity, inclusion and reconciliation.
- Open floor to have your questions answered.
We recognize the different funding streams for organizations or individuals and offer separate meetings to serve both communities; you are welcomed to come to both!
- Provide context for the new Canada Council for the Arts operations.
- Explain the 50/50 split of funds for operating and project support.
- Note the end of increases to the Canada Council for the Arts budget.
- Explain how dance projects are managed and address the concern that dance is no longer included in Canada Council for the Arts programs or represented by specific dance officers (direct contacts)
- Understand why there is no feedback after decisions are made and explain the types of support available.
- Take stock of the support that is available or being considered for emerging companies that are not supported operationally but have significant operating costs.
- Identify the types of projects and costs that are eligible under the Re-opening Fund.
- Identify the capacity to measure and share the impact of the Canada Council for the Arts’s strategic directions in terms of equity, diversity, inclusion and reconciliation.
For Individuals – Thursday April 21, 2022 |on Zoom
All dance organizations and individuals, members and non-members are welcome. Attendance is free, pre-registration is required.
- ASL Interpretation
- This is a bilingual event. French and English simultaneous translation will be provided. Questions and comments can be in either language.
- Auto-captions available.
- This is a caregiver friendly meeting; we realize the complexities of our living situations and welcome you to show up as you need.
- Recording of the presentation portion of this event will be available to registered participants, after processing, for one week. (Q&A will not be recorded).
Email Mayumi at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or access requests – we will do our very best to accommodate.