Job Offer | Outreach coordinator
Deadline to apply: January 21th, 23:59 (11:59 PM EST)
Location: Tiohtiá:ke (“Montreal”)
Position starts: February 28th, 2022
Work hours: 21 hours per week
Annual Salary: $24 472
articule is in search of a new Outreach Coordinator starting February 28, 2022. The position is classified as regular. The hourly rate is $22.41, including 6 weeks of holidays during the centre’s summer (4 weeks) and winter (2 weeks) closure as well as 10 sick days and 5 personal days. Candidates have until January 21, 2021 to submit their application.
The Outreach Coordinator will be responsible for advancing appropriate and productive collaborations with various organizations and individuals in the community in a manner complementary with the Centre’s mandate and programming direction. They will work to engage new groups and communities typically marginalized or excluded from the mainstream art world and artist-run culture, and to engage them in the centre’s activities.
In its mandate, programming and activities, articule is a member-driven centre. The Outreach Coordinator works to engage and activate articule’s internal community, communicating with the Centre’s members, assessing and responding to the needs of the membership, and coordinating volunteer and professional development opportunities. With a strong background in facilitation or animation they will be interested in governance and collaboration tools that are accessible, inventive, and grounded in anti-oppressive practices.
In addition to the above key areas, the Outreach Coordinator also works with the Programming Coordinator and Administrative Coordinator, sharing certain regular office tasks and contributing to the Centre’s general operation and maintenance.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate the Outreach Committee and assist in developing and implementing an overall vision for articule’s outreach initiatives
- Contribute to the development and implementation of articule’s outreach and fundraising activities (including Le Mile End s’articule)
- Identify publics, especially those such as may be marginalized or excluded from the mainstream art world and artist-run culture, and facilitate useful and appropriate outreach initiatives accordingly
- Identify community organizations, activist groups, schools, individuals, etc. of interest as potential collaborators with articule on events and initiatives congruent with the Centre’s mandate and programming direction
- Manage relations between the Centre and its members (identify and respond to member concerns, assist with member-driven workshops, etc.)
- Keep members informed of activities and opportunities for professional development
- Solicit and coordinate volunteers for the centre’s activities, including gallery sitting, vernissages, and events
- Coordinate the Fabulous Committee
- Contribute to the writing and editing of grant applications
- Supervise or co-supervise interns, as required
- Attend and assist with General Assemblies, Board meetings, programming, and activities
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in facilitation
- Initiative, independence, motivation, versatility
- Strong communication skills
- Bilingual English-French (excellent writing skills; mastery of written French)
- Meticulous editing and proofreading abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Cooperative and open team member
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience with working with volunteers
- Knowledge of artistic community and artist-run-centre structure of Tiohtiá:ke (“Montréal”) is a plus
We are looking for a motivated and organized person with a passion for community building in an artistic setting. articule is in a position of exciting change and the outreach coordinator will be a big part of this. We are looking for someone with a vision and a proactive approach to the development and growth of articule’s membership. Experience working with artist-run centres and their governance is an asset.
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
Applications should include:
- letter of intent
- curriculum vitæ
- names and coordinates of two references
Articule has a Basis of Unity, a list of values expressing the centre’s anti-oppressive commitments. We strongly encourage all applicants to familiarize themselves with it prior to applying.
We are committed to equal opportunity and diversity in our workplace and encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please submit applications to the Human Resources Committee by email: email@example.com
Deadline for applications: January 21, 23:59 (11:59 PM EST)
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.