Call for Projects | Creation-Production Residency in new artistic practices
Applications deadline: February 1st, 2022
The residency offers an organization or artists’ collective an opportunity to pursue the creation of an interdisciplinary work in great conditions.
This residency is designed for professional organizations and artists’ collectives working in new artistic practices and more especially in interdisciplinary artistic practices. Such practices combine the knowledge, skills and ways of thinking of two or more artistic and non-artistic disciplines, and interrelate their languages and lexicons. They are different from pluridisciplinary or multidisciplinary practices in that they do not simply juxtapose various disciplines (music, dance, theatre, visual arts, digital arts) in a single work, but rather seek, through their interrelationship, to create a new aesthetic, a new artistic language.
This residency has been made possible through a joint partnership between The Conseil des arts de Montréal, La Chapelle Scènes contemporaines and the Regroupement de Pairs des Arts Indépendants de Recherche et d’Expérimentation (REPAIRE)
The work proposed must already have been the subject of a prior research and/or creation stage.
NEW : Two residency project will be accepted:
- One residency project will be held at La Chapelle Scènes contemporaines
- One residency projet will be In Situ
To know more about the program:
To submit an application:
Due to system maintenance, please note that the ORORA portal application form will only be available as of January 13, 2022.
You must include the following important elements in the application form:
- Summary of your project
- Nature and history of your collective
- Organization’s mandate and brief history
- Letters patent (if first organization request)
- Financial statements for the previous fiscal year (organization)
- Description of your project (its implementation context, impact, feasibility, consistency of the project with the location chosen for the In Situ component)
- Technical sheet
- Project timeline
- List of members of the artists’ collective
- CV or bio of artists, collaborators or members of the collective
- Web links for your works
- In Situ component: letter of authorization from host location
Projet Manager – Local and international initiatives
Conseil des arts de Montréal